The Accounting Application is divided into three major components:
General Ledger (GL), Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts
Payable (AP). While the application is quite comprehensive,
you do not need to be a CPA to use it.
The application uses the concept of posting to eliminate
time-consuming errors and maintain critical trace-ability.
Each transaction is entered in a non-posted state. After
review, the transaction can be posted. The posting programs
will not allow an incorrect transaction to post. Once
posted a transaction cannot be modified or deleted.
Offsetting transactions can be entered to reverse or
modify the effect of a posted transaction.
The GL component is where your chart of accounts lives.
You can define your own chart of accounts including
the categories to which each account belongs. You are
not restricted to a pre-defined chart of accounts. Each
account tracks activity on a period by period basis.
The number of periods you use and the begin and end
dates are user defined. While most people will use a
standard 12 period year, you can have as many or as
few as you need.
GL Key Features:
- User defined account categories.
- User defined chart of accounts.
- User defined periods.
- Miscellaneous cash receipts for receipts not related
to AR invoices.
- Manual checks for checks not related to AP invoices.
- Recurring journal entries to eliminate repetitive
- Financial report writer allowing you to create custom
- Account reconciliation.
A financial report writer is included allowing you
to create custom financial reports. You can specify
which categories and/or accounts you want to print on
the report. At run time you can specify which periods
and fiscal year you wish to include in the report.
The AR component tracks your customer invoices, memos
and cash receipts. The Shipping Application is integrated
with the AR component, allowing non-posted invoices
to be created automatically from shipments. This feature
eliminates hours of data entry. Credit memos and cash
receipts can be applied directly against open invoices
or left on account to be applied later.
All postings in AR automatically update the appropriate
accounts in GL.
AR Key Features:
- Unlimited addresses and contacts per customer.
- Ability to use any customer address as the billing
and/or shipping address.
- Shipments can generate non-posted AR invoices.
- Credit memos and cash receipts can be applied or
left on account.
- User defined tracking of sales person commissions.
- Ability to void posted cash receipts.
- Automatic update of GL accounts when posting AR
The AP component tracks your vendor invoices, memos
and checks. Each vendor can have an unlimited number
of addresses and any address can be used as a remit
to, purchase order and/or shipping address. You can
track your purchases by user defined purchase categories.
A batch check program allows you to quickly select invoices
for payment, after which non-posted checks for those
invoices will be automatically created. This can save
hours of data entry.
AP Key Features:
- Unlimited addresses and contacts per vendor.
- Ability to use any vendor address as the remit to,
purchase order and/or shipping address.
- Invoices applied to purchase orders automatically
update inventory costs.
- Debit memos can be applied to invoices or left on
- Batch checks allow fast creation of checks for selected