The Shipping Application is used to process shipments and
returns. Creating shipping tickets and then posting
those tickets into packing slips makes a shipment. A
shipping ticket can be created manually or automatically
using the Create Shipping Tickets program. Shipping
tickets can be created minutes, hours or even days prior
to the actual shipment. Once a shipping ticket is created,
it can be modified or even deleted prior to posting.
Posting a shipping ticket updates all the necessary
database files for the parts shipped on that ticket.
You have the ability to ship parts directly from production
or inventory. A preference setting determines if an
AR invoice should be created for each shipment.
- Easily create shipping tickets with point and click
- Generate shipping prior to actual shipment.
- Unlimited line items per shipment.
- Ability to customize bar-coded shipping labels for
- Ability to ship directly from production or from
- Ability to apply actual shipments against customer
- Automatically generate AR invoices form actual shipments.
- Generate RMA numbers prior to actual returns.
- Associate RMA directly to specific packing slips.
The Shipping Application also contains an RMA program to
process returns. Much like shipping tickets, an RMA
is entered and then posted. The RMA can be entered and
posted in one step or an RMA can be entered any time
prior to the actual return of parts, allowing you to
provide your customer with an RMA number and notify
the shipping department that a return is pending. The
RMA can then be posted when the parts are actually received.